- 2 cold hard boiled eggs for breakfast and a tiny cup of milky coffee which was like a child's drink (if they are quite a sophisticated child). Had manly tea.
- A lot of snow for Toronto, which means not much if you are from Montreal or Saskatoon, but a fuck of a lot if you are from for e.g. England. Everywhere quiet, meetings cancelled, busses skating, a taxi catches fire and we see it (the driver is OK).
- Did a phone conference about Quebec. Said some things about average basket size, Catholics and Celine Dion. A great deal of talking happened, mainly out of my mouth. Had some water.
- Did a personality test thing. Apparently my top 5 themes are Input, Individualization, Futuristic, Intellection and Learner. I do not know what it means, other than I like reading. (True.)
- All planes being cancelled out of Toronto, apart from ours. We take a punt, yes we do. We look the sky (black) and at the ground (40 cm of snow) and back at the sky again (snow is still coming out of it), and we decide it will never take off, so we take the (5 hour) train instead. The plane took off and landed in Montreal before we were out of Ontario. Trout that was not trout, brandy that was devil wee wees. Crying with joy at a picture of Sting in his under crackers doing yoga. Stopped at a station: "We may be detained here for an indefinite period" or similar; man refuses to eat his supper and stands around watching us eat. This concerns the hostess of the carriage who wishes to reheat his stew; he will not have it. Some fellow passengers find this funnier than I believe it is. The man opposite me snores. We will be home time time around midnight, I think.
Friday, February 08, 2013
Posted by NON-WORKINGMONKEY at 10:29 pm